Saturday, August 12, 2017

I'm back, is anyone still there???

Hello all, it's been awhile.
Yes I've been out of action as far as blogging goes but I have been reading blogs every so often. Now I realise how much I miss the company from all of you lovely ladies. I know many people have disappeared and some have had breaks like I have but life goes on doesn't it and now I feel revived and have decided to come back.

I didn't stop stitching or quilting whilst I was away. I just revisited what it was I really wanted to do. For some silly reason or other I had put pressure on myself to make things. If anyone asked me to do things I always said YES. Now I am stitching what I want to do. It feels so freeing.

Since I have been away I am trying to think where I left off. I think it was about the time our nephew and his sister were having their weddings.

This (on the left) was the quilt I made for our nephew Mark and his wife Jenna.
And the quilt on the right was the one I made for our niece Jess and her husband Ben.


Now I can show you these two quilts which pair up with the ones above.................................................

 The one on the left, I made for Mark and Jenna's son "Theo Oliver" who was born in November 2016. I got the idea for this one from snooping on Jenna's Pinterest pages - sneaky huh?

And the one on the right,  I made for Jess and Ben's little man, "Hunter" who was born at the beginning of April 2017.
This one I used all the fabrics relating to hunting etc as Ben loves going out fishing etc and then when we were told this little man's name it was perfect.


I have also been knitting which is something I hadn't done for so long it must have been when other niece's were having babies I think and that's about 6 years ago. 
Anyway I decided to knit this poncho /cape for young Theo as Jenna had pointed it out that she had like the pattern. Her mother-in-law (my Bill's sister) read the pattern and decided it wasn't a go, so Auntie Deb read it and said she'd give it a go as long as Jenna wasn't told. Then if all turned to custard it didn't matter. 
But I persevered and changed things a bit where I wanted and I was thrilled with the outcome and so was Jenna. And Theo looks adorable in it, so snuggly, just perfect for going out at nights. 
Then in June this year we had another Niece's wedding up in Auckland. My side of the family this time. So off we flew on the Thursday for the weekend away. Well we couldn't have asked for better weather considering it was the middle of winter.
 This was the wedding venue. Above obviously the outside and below the inside. It was all so simply beautiful.
Jaimee (niece) and her new husband Seth organised everything themselves. It was such a love filled ceremony and we felt so blessed to have been asked.

  I just had to attach the photo on the right of Jaimee's dress. It was so beautiful.
And to close my first return post I'll leave you with a photo of my gorgeous man Bill and I. It was such a lovely day.

Nice to be back, thanks for finding me.
Deb.

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog land. I`m the same stitching for others and sometimes that makes life really busy. lovely to see some of what you have been doing. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare, thanks for popping by. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. welcome back, so nice to meet you. What beautiful quilts, sounds as though you will be kept busy making for those little grandies. Where was the wedding venue, it looks quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, the wedding was in Kumeu, just out of Auckland. Such a rustic setting it was really lovely.

      Delete
  3. Hi Deb,
    So lovely to hear from you.
    I wondered where that venue was too? It's an interesting looking building.
    Your greater family has increased -that's exciting. It's good to be knitting again for wee ones who need to be kept warm in garments made with care and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes as happens the families increase. I am patiently waiting for our own grandies, but the kids keep telling me not to hold my breath, lol. The wedding was in Kumeu, just out of Auckland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hia Deb,
    What a lovely catch up of quilts. The hooded cape looks so sweet. Glad you had a fab time with all the weddings. I know where you are coming from with the not being able to say no. I think it makes you lose touch with your inner muse, so not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to learn to be a bit selfish don't we.

      Delete
  6. Great to see you blogging again.....love the quilts, such a beautiful wedding dress as well. I look forward to seeing more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helen, loving talking to people again.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back, Debbie! Nice to see what you've been making, lovely quilts! I also did not post for a while, but I'm still there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy, yes a break was definitely needed but it does feel good to be back.

      Delete
  8. Hello lovely gal...what beautiful photos and lovely thoughts you've shared. I'm glad you're making what pleases you now. Everything is so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete