Tuesday, October 31, 2017

No I didn't run away and hide..................

.......as tempting as it was.
A couple of weekends ago myself and my very good girlfriend decided to have an "us" weekend.
We choose to go over to Akaroa on Banks Peninsula which is approximately an hour from Christchurch. 

So off we went. I picked Jennie up and she loaded her bits and bobs into the car and we chatted away on our way to rest and relaxation, we were pumped and ready.
It's a really lovely drive over to Akaroa and half way we stopped at a well known hotel called the Hilltop. Coffee time and feet up. I was in the zone!


We stopped there for awhile and then off we went again. It was such a beautiful day, we were blessed with the weather the whole weekend in fact.
So we arrived and look at this view..........
   Akaroa is where the French settled when they arrived in NZ. The photos below show you the main street with all of the wee shops. They were really lovely. A clothing shop....

A tiny bistro.......
A gorgeous wee cafe where we had brunch..........



The local butcher......amazing small goods made here.

 Then walking along the street we came across this HUGE Aloe Vera plant. It was massive. I wish I had broken some off and bought some home now. Apparently people have broken bits off and its just grows back bigger.

 It truly was a fabulous weekend. We stayed in the most lovely motel and will have absolutely no hesitation in going back there and now we'll even ask for the specific room we had. It was made for 2 girls. We had a queen bed each and in a room of our own. Talk about bliss for those few nana naps we had in the afternoon.

Craft wise I knitted and did a small amount of cross stitch but the light wasn't quite bright enough. Jennie did the most beautiful snowmen in red work, they were so lovely. And we were soooo relaxed we didn't even go out on the town (yeah right!!) for dinner. We stayed home and enjoyed some lovely cheeses, crackers and of course the mandatory potato chip, dip and glass of wine. We drank a lot of tea and coffee and ate gingernut biscuits

Gosh writing this makes me realise I must sort out another weekend with Jennie, it can only be good for us I'm sure.

I received these beautiful scissors in the mail a couple of weeks ago from Lynn@ Happiness is Cross Stitching. They arrived in the lovely little bee pouch in the photo. Aren't they gorgeous? Oh yes I did order the cross stitch pattern also for my "one day" file. I love little scissors. Lynn has an Etsy shop and I bought them from her there. If you're interested look at her blog for the link.

Hope you are all having lovely stitchy moments,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Oh - what a lovely time away with your special friend!!

    ReplyDelete